Preferred by the U.S. Navy's test squadron.
Based in Ventura County, California, the U.S. Navy Air Test and Evaluation Squadron known as the VX-4 Evaluators was established in 1950. The F-4 Phantom II became a preferred aircraft virtually as soon as it was introduced to VX-4 in the early 1960s. The squadron, which stopped flying the Phantom II in 1990, was disestablished in September, 1994.
- U.S. Navy VX-4, Code: XF-1, "Vandy One," 1972
- U.S. Navy VX-4, Code: XF-1, "Vandy One," 1973
view larger image
Stock Number: HSGS1926
Mfg. Number: 01926
Skill Level 3
Length: 9.76 in (248m)
Width: 6.41 in (163 mm)