Combat-ready in the blink of an eye.
The F-4 Phantom II celebrated its first flight over 50 years ago, yet it remains one of the world's fastest fighters! The U.S. Navy's VF-151 and U.S. Marine Corps' VMFA-115 were among the first squadrons to be equipped with F-4B Phantom IIs in 1964. Both benefited from the F-4B's all-out speeds and high-altitude performance during the Vietnam War. VF-111 reaped these rewards as well after transitioning to the upgraded F-4N in the mid-1970s. By the mid-1980s, all three squadrons started to phase out the Phantom II. VF-151's final flight in March, 1986 also marked the last-ever Phantom II launch from an aircraft carrier. This highly detailed kit lets you recreate the early F-4B, or the upgraded F-4N.
- F-4N: U.S.S. Roosevelt VF-111 "Sundowners," CAG NM200
- F-4B: U.S.S. Midway VF-151 "Vigilantes," CAG NF200
- F-4B: VMFA-115 "Silver Eagles," VE10
Did you know?
- Almost 5,200 Phantom IIs were built from 1958-1981, making it the most-produced U.S. supersonic aircraft!
- The Phantom II set a total of 16 speed and altitude world records. Five speed records went unchallenged until the F-15 Eagle was introduced in 1975.
- The Phantom II's "Spook" emblem, which was originally designed for shoulder patches, has since appeared on virtually every kind of merchandise imaginable!
view larger image
Stock Number: HSGS1566
Mfg. Number: 01566
Skill Level 3
Length: 9.8 in (248 mm)
Width: 6.4 in (163 mm)
Read a Review from IPMS/USA.
Read a Review from Internet Modeler.